The job interview. For most companies, it’s the main tool used to select employees. But there’s a problem: It doesn’t work. Years of research show that the typical interview is no better than a coin toss for predicting success on the job.
In fact, interviews are often worse predictors than random luck. Why?
- Coaches train interviewees to game the process
- Interviewers have unconscious blind spots
- Interviewers have less-than-accurate intuitions, and
- Most interviewers lack structure and practice
So how do you make successful hires? You look closely at critical competencies that have been shown to predict success on the job. That’s exactly what our pre-employment assessments do, and have been doing, for market-leading organizations for over 15 years.
We offer three options for Pre-Employment Assessments:
- Level 1 assessment: is for those who want a quick screen of a candidate’s abilities without the customization of an individual report. Our simplified checkbox report gives a basic dashboard of competencies on a prospective applicant.
- Level 2 assessment: is geared toward individual contributor, supervisory or sales roles. It provides the prospective employer with an understanding of the candidate’s problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities. In addition, we measure a range of important work-related competencies in the areas of communication, people skills, work ethic, achievement drive and flexibility, to name a few.
- Level 3 assessment: provides a comprehensive look at those individuals who will be filling senior-level roles in the organization and whose success is critical to the organization. This assessment provides the same level of detailed analysis as the Level 2 evaluation, but adds an interview with one of our Ph.D. consultants. This competency-based interview provides insight into the motivations and drivers of the candidate, providing even greater assurance that the right person is being selected for a key position.